Friday, July 13, 2012

Arkansas M and the Kitchen of Doom

Want to know what else is a new thing  that's happening here? 

I AM COOKING! 

I KNOW!  I can't believe it either! 

Since I am on the weight thing, I've decided to try healthier meals, and things have been... interesting.  So I decided to take a few pictures of my last creation.  Cauliflower pizza.  And you know what? How open minded am I ? I don't like cauliflower, but I think if combined with the right ingredients I will like it. Here I come Cauliflower Pizza Bites... 

My ingredients 

2 cups grated cauliflower
1/2 cup egg substitute
1 cup 1% cottage cheese 
oregano
parsley
garlic salt
black pepper
turkey pepperoni 



So you know shredding cauliflower, not so easy ... and your going to do the whole head of cauliflower. 



Then you have to fry up the cauliflower till it's translucent.  Beware it kinda smells. 



Take all the other ingredients and through them in the blender! And yes, that is a NEW blender. Please ignore the speakers in the back, I was listening to my itunes on the computer. One can dance and cook at the same time. 



Liquify that stuff ... and by the way, I am not a fan of cottage cheese either. But, this is new stuff - and combined it will be good. It's just a healthy pizza alternative, and I do love pizza 



Then you just put it in your cupcake tin and add that turkey pepperoni. Bake at 450 - for about 30 minutes  and  TA DAH!!! 


Cauliflower Pizza ! 


And you know what?  Cauliflower and cottage cheese? I wasn't making that shit up, I don't like them.  They taste worse blended together.  I spent an hour doing all this, taking pictures because I was going to brag about myself and all I got was YUCK. 

However, I'm living with no regrets, I tried something healthy and it didn't work out - it will next time.  I just have to avoid cauliflower.  The deer liked it, Dash was happy to have a turkey pepperoni treat and I learned sometimes you just have to go with Pizza Hut. 











6 comments:

  1. I love raw cauliflower so much. But cooked--NO. And also, never believe those South Beach Diet people when they say, "Oh, you can make mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes and you won't even notice!"

    You will notice.

    Blech.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I had to cackle at your next to last paragraph.

    For low cal pizza:
    Take some Flat Out Bread or a low cal english muffin or some such (I can't remember what those flat, skinny bagel things are called)
    put on some pizza sauce--generally tomato stuff is low cal so you can add however much you want. Then put on some reduced fat shredded cheese or fat free if you can tolerate it, then put your turkey pepperoni on to and put in the oven until the cheese is how you like it. You can vary the amt of calories by what you use as your crust (I think maybe some people use those dry cracker things like matzo but I don't know how many calories/fat they have)and the type and amount of cheese. It can at least help a pizza craving in a more healthy way rather than resorting to cauliflower! ;)

    I like cauliflower, actually. The only problem is that if it's cooked I prefer that it have cheese or butter on it, which kinda defeats the low cal purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you remember how she eats pizza--she takes all the ingredients apart and eats them one at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean like she eats everything?
      I guess I should have just told her to eat a piece of bread, then a spoonful of pizza sauce, followed by a few strands of low fat cheese, then top it off with a couple pieces of turkey pepperoni! ;)

      Delete
  4. Ha Ha Ha! Since you are mocking me you will love this .. I have been DYING for some pizza, so after I opened my bank account today, I went to the local pizza place, nice little Mom and Pop place - met Pop had a nice conversation, got a pizza, took it home -- WORST PIZZA EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even worse than the cauliflower pizza?

    See! You need to make Lisa Pizza!

    ReplyDelete