Tuesday, July 24, 2012

and now a word from ...


Dear Friends, 

It took awhile but I got the girl to give me control, at least for a moment of her blog. You know how she is about these things, she hates sharing it - and the same goes for pork chops, just try and get one of those when she's around. 

When I was told we were leaving and moving to the country, I thought I was going to be a dog of leisure.  I pictured a life of basking in the sunshine, strolling our estate etc ... Well let me tell you, that is NOT happening.  I am not a dog of gentility, I am a WORKING man. 

First,  there are the things that just stroll into our yard just as big as you please. The tramp through the yard, they "conduct their business"  in the yard, and just mess up the place. Of course the girl encourages all of this! She feeds them! She puts 2 jugs of water in each of our birdbaths every night, so "our bird friends and deer friends can drink."  It's like she doesn't see the blue jays attacking me EVERY TIME we go out.  I do my best to gather up the food she leaves out for the "deer", but she always catches me. Doesn't she see me marking  every place they go? It's a warning that she and they ignore. 

Then there is the thing she calls the 'armadillo' . He comes out at night. He digs holes in my yard, I've seen him out there, he's been out when we've been out for our late night stuff ... he is slow. I could catch him and I do my best to try, but you know who pulls my leash and says "NO!! THEY HAVE LEPROSY!'  I'm not really sure what that means, but if "crazy" has anything to do with it, well let me tell you something lady, it's catching. 

The girl will tell you I sleep harder now ... because I am working my ass off!  I am dodging "blue jays"  trying to keep "deer" of the property, hunting "armadillos"  and I won't even mention the turkey vulture and that other big bird that think it's a-okay to come on my property ... and did I mention squirrels?  Since the house is bigger my nightly patrols are a little longer, and I swear every once in awhile I see a strange, but very handsome dog in what she calls a "mirror" He needs to get out of my house!  So yeah, I sleep more. 

I also bark more, because there is a lot to bark about. I like to alert her when something is going on in the yard, and since she is "cooking" now, I feel that I need to comment, even though she ignores me. Come on, what was with that cauliflower pizza  experiment, that was never going to work.  My warnings feel on deaf ears.  And sometimes I need to say a few things to my Oma too.     We go over there for dinners on Sundays, and she always gives me some lecture about how I shouldn't  jump up on her pants, because they are new, my paws are dirty ... blah blah blah ... finally I just said, "I'm jumping up on you to give you some doggie sugar! Geesh woman, let's get this over with?"  She started to laugh, like I had never said anything to her before - and then remember I hadn't. So I said a few more things... like could she give me some ham, because  the girl again ... not big on sharing pork products. 

All in all, and please don't tell the girl this, I really like it here. I have things to do, I like taking care of the property.  I love seeing my Opa and Oma - and the girl seems a lot happier too - that makes me happy too. 

I'll fill you in on more later ... 

Yours truly,

Little Man 










4 comments:

  1. You're doing a great job. Watch out for snipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when my Mom came over today she said that she's always thought he was a happy dog , but he is the happiest she has ever seen him, she thinks he loves it here - and so do I

    ReplyDelete
  3. It makes me happy that the two of you are so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where are the Ireland photos?!? (Figured we were overdue for some fondue here.)

    ReplyDelete