Sunday, June 10, 2012

... and then she moved to the country

...because her life in the city was making her sad. 

I've always maintained that life is like a Cher song, people can be divided into three categories  gypsies, tramps, and thieves.  I'm a gypsy - and in true gypsy fashion, I packed up and left when it was time to go.  I know it seems rash to some, but for me, it was the right decision.  

After a 11 hour drive,  I'm home. I've achieved what all southern girls aspire to, I am trailer trash. 


It's kind of adorable inside. 

Here's the backyard 


Did I mention I live in the forest? The only thing that's missing are 7 dwarfs - and a really hot Huntsman that bares more then a passing resemblance to Thor, the God of Thunder.  Although, to be honest, I prefer Latin waiters, which are few and far between in these parts. 

Here is the front yard. 


Kinda awesome, no? It's as peaceful as it looks. There's a heavy deer population, and I'm getting to know three of them personally.  There is a doe with a spot on her hindquarter that stops by regularly and quite honestly, she's a peeper.  She's always looking in my office window.  There are also two bucks, with velvet still on their antlers that hang out here often. They are not near as  interested in me as the doe is. Also, there's a peacock that lives on the edge of the forest and spends a lot of time in the yard next to mine. Did you know a peacock's call sounds  exactly like a woman screaming? I found that out at midnight. For the first few nights I would lay in bed and I would pray "please let that be the peacock... please let that be the peacock..."

 I'm making an active effort to keep my life as simple as possible. No facebook, no twitter, only this here blog, and it's working out for me. 

  I'm eating better, lots of fruits and veggies. I've made a few discoveries. For example,  I kinda like zucchini.  It's not my favorite veggie,  that would be the Lima bean, or butter lettuce, but zucchini  is not the horrible squash I thought it was. Fruits have always been easier because fruits are nature's candy, and I love candy.  I will say that there does seem to be a Snow White thing going on, as I have received 14 apples from kindly older women in the past week. 

 I'm writing more. I think I'm writing better. I'm exploring different types of writing - which might be bad, but trying something new is always good. 

I'm giving the first two weeks in Arkansas five stars. 











8 comments:

  1. Yippee!! I was just about to email you and say that there would be no Vickie searches until I got the photos you promised several days ago! Now how about some inside shots?
    Is there a place to put chairs under the awning on your house so you can sit out and enjoy the weather/view?
    I've always been a fan of the simple life. I like to visit people/cities, but prefer the less crowded.
    I did mapquest and I see that you are only 9 hours (or 8 hours with my driving) from me. There may be call for a road trip some day in the future.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there's a screened in porch ... and I am working at getting a table and chairs out there. And you are always welcome!

      Delete
  2. The drive is a little longer for me, but I think one day we should meet sort of in the middle, don't you?

    I want a photo of the screened in back porch, if in fact, there is a screened in back porch. For all I know, you're really living incognito two blocks from me--STALKER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girls weekend? we could all do that ... but aren't I the halfway between you and Lisa?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I meant. You are "sort of" in the middle because the drive is a little longer for me than for Lisa. Approximately 8.5 for her, 10.3 for me. Unless it's deep night and raining, then it's a lot longer for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're both welcome here anytime, you know how Dash likes to entertain, and I have this new crock pot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a plan! We just need to make sure it's around a weekend I'm off work...which makes it convenient that you both work from home! Maybe sometime in the fall when the leaves are gorgeous and it's getting colder up here, but still nice down there...

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...and I'm really, really happy that your new blog lets me comment!

    ReplyDelete