Saturday, June 23, 2012

RISU!

So in true Snow White fashion,  I'm trying to be a good neighbor to my animal neighbors.  I went on line and went to check what was best to feed the deer.   ( they love apples and watermelon rinds) I keep the bird bath filled.  And while all the animals might not appreciated  my failed tuna casserole attempt,  I know the armadillos did. 

I felt that I was neglecting the birds, and as we know Snow white would have never done that, at least not the Disney version, so I bought the cutest little bird feeder and some bird seed, and I set it up all secure in the tree that I see  the cardinals hanging out in.  I went to bed please in the knowledge  that I had done my best to help the cardinals, and the robins.  We have a blue jay in the front yard.  We don't  like him though. He does not believe in "love thy neighbor"  . He is constantly swooping down on us, and screaming at us.  No bird seed for blue jay! 

Anyway, I thought  you'd like to see my pretty little bird feeder, so this morning I went out into  the back yard to take a picture. This is what I found 


WTF?  Not only was it knocked out of the tree, but it was BROKEN. 

BROKEN!!! 

Seriously, it was ripped apart! 


It makes me wonder what kind of beast lives in the forest behind me. What kind of abomination haunts the woods? Is it him that I hear shrieking in the night? 

There can be only one answer....

SQUIRRELZILLA! 

3 comments:

  1. My dogs would tell you that the only good squirrel is one they can chase away!
    People put up all kinds of gizmo's around here so they can feed the birds but not the squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and I probably put an apostrophe in there wrong.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could have been a raccoon. They're pretty clever. Possums, too.

    ReplyDelete