Tuesday, June 19, 2012

New Adventures everywhere

There are are a lot of new and interesting things here in Arkansas, at least new and interesting to me, and I feel a little like Caddie Woodlawn  - always in search of another adventure. 

I'm doing things I have never done before, like feed the deer. There is a doe that brings her two fawns by the house almost every day. I can watch them out my window, and I help her out a little. Hey, I was raised by a single Mom, I know how tough it is out there.  I leave her watermelon rinds, cut up apples, carrots and veggie leftovers. Eating right is important, that's a lesson I'm learning.  I've been trying a few healthier meals myself. 

Ladies and Gents, may I present tonight's dinner. 


I know what you are thinking "Why, I didn't know you liked zucchini!"  NEITHER DID I!  If you press your face against the computer, you'll see not only is there is zucchini, but also some sort of yellow squash that I don't know the name of, and there a bit of tomato and chicken in there too.  I just heated up some olive oil, added a bit of onion and garlic, threw the other veggies and the chicken in there, added a pinch of Maggi chicken bouillon and BOOM! Yumminess achieved.  (Why Maggi? Because I'm Teutonic that way. Maggi rocks.) 

Arkansas has been a wealth of new experience for me,  screaming peacocks, Nascar crock pots, and zucchini.  

As for tomorrow, who knows - I'm going to Walmart. 





3 comments:

  1. Love that you are discovering yummy veggies, and I plan to steal this idea. As for my contribution, if you like (or even if you think you don't), I have some yummy recipes for butternut squash and acorn squash I can share. Email me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good!
    Is this zucchini grown around there, or is it from, say, Aldi? Any farmer's markets around to check out/take pics at?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the squashes. I'm glad you're embarking on some culinary adventures.

    Now, if you're embarking on adventures of the Walmart kind, what Monsters do they have?!?

    ReplyDelete