Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I lurve turtles


I do like me some reptiles and amphibians.  I just didn't expect that they'd be crawling in my yard.  Two nights ago we had a frog encounter  ( yes I kissed  but I swear  NO TONGUE.  I don't care what that damn frog says! )  And today, there is a turtle out there.  

I am a little concerned.  The drought is affecting the animals here, and I am concerned this little dude is not getting enough food, so I put some lettuce out there for him. Maybe he will remember and I can put some more out there.  


Hey little dude, what happened to your shell? 


I wish you could here him crunching on the leaves. 

I an fighting with my inner five year old who wants to keep him as a pet. 

5 comments:

  1. Awww, turtle. He'll be happier free. I'm glad he's eating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually woodpeckers don't mess with birdfeeders, but because of the drought there is one hanging off mine all the time. And the acorns and nuts are dying, so the deer will have trouble this winter. I am going to have to get some deer food from the feed store this winter.

      I sent a pic of my turtle to my Mom and said "can I keep him?" two seconds later the phone rings ... THEY CARRY DISEASES!

      Delete
  2. Mothers always say that. But he's fine. And once again, you are Girl of the Limberlost, taking care of the animals. You're almost a freaking Disney character now. Let me know when the animals start talking to you. Or sewing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he comes back for the lettuce I put out and I've named him Merriwether. And it was happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I'll mail your gift this week. I'm very slow these days. Like a turtle! It's a theme!

    ReplyDelete